Join us for another fantastic Holiday Social at P.J.s! Appetizers will be provided by MCPA. Cash Bar.
When: Beginning at 6:00 PM
Where: P.J. Whelihan’s
Cost: Members are free WITH a unwrapped toy donation for Toys for Tots; $20.00 for non-members.
Charity: We are having a hat and mitten drive for disadvantaged children.
MCPA would like to congratulate Michelle Calkins and Jen Kuemmerle on becoming new Board members for 2015-2016. MCPA would also like to congratulate Noreen Messmer, Chris Gregg, and Kelly Smith all being re-elected to the Board of Directors.
On November 20, 2014 Manor College will hold its first annual Hall of Fame Reception at the Basileiad Library and Administration Building.
The event will serve 2 purposes:
(1) it will allow Manor students to meet with professionals outside the classroom and gain additional insights into the real world experiences you offer; and
(2) Manor will honor recipients of our new Hall of Fame Award, which will be bestowed annually on businesses/individuals who have devoted time, resources and efforts to aid Manor students beyond the classroom.
An event such as this will only be successful if you can spare an hour and a half to interact and network with our students. You can come part time if possible!
Please contact Mary Sims email@example.com directly with your RSVP before November 13th.
We need your help to fill the 2015 student liaison positions. If you are currently a student and will not be graduating prior to May 2015, we need your voice to be heard. Prospective candidates must be members of the MCPA, enrolled in a paralegal studies program, and able to attend one Board Meeting a month held in Montgomery County. Although student liaisons do not have voting power, they can provide input to the Board on behalf of their fellow students regarding their needs and how the Association can better serve them. Student liaisons also assist with coordinating speaking events and informational sessions between the MCPA and their respective schools.
If you are interested, please submit a short bio/resume to Lisa LaPenna at (610) 684-2114 (fax) or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of your school, expected graduation date, job (if you have one), any legal experience, and any other organizations with which you may be affiliated. I will review and submit to the Board for final approval. This is a networking opportunity, which can benefit your career search as a paralegal.
If you have any questions, please call Lisa LaPenna at (610) 941-2523.
MCPA’s Fall Fundraiser is the sale of See’s Candies. WE NEED YOUR HELP selling candy so we can generate income for the costs of services our association provides to its members and the legal community!
The candy is in and is available for immediate distribution. Please contact Sherry Barag at email@example.com or at 610-812-9797 to arrange for pick-up.
The following are available for immediate sale:
• Bars in a mixed case of 24 (8 milk chocolate, 8 dark chocolate with almonds and 8 chocolate covered peanut brittle) selling for $2.00 each;
• Small boxes of peanut brittle selling for $6.00 each; and
• Box of 30 lollipops in chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch and café latte selling for $1.00 each.
Click here to view October’s newsletter.
Noreen Messmer, Pa.C.P., MCPA Board Member, is the recipient of the 2014 Scholarship awarded by the National Federation of Paralegal Associations for its Paralegal CORE Competency Exam™ (PCCE™). Congratulations Noreen! See the following link for more information about the PCCE Exam: http://www.paralegals.org/default.asp?page=18
- Our past President, Annette Long, wrote “Paralegals: Regulation vs. Certification” appearing on page 30;
- MCPA’s donation to the Legal Aid Golf Classic is acknowledged on page 23; and
- MCPA’s donation to the Montgomery Bar Foundation is acknowledged on page 36.