MCPA’s Fall Fundraiser is the sale of See’s Candies. WE NEED YOUR HELP selling candy so we can generate income for the costs of services our association provides to its members and the legal community!
The candy is in and is available for immediate distribution. Please contact Sherry Barag at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 610-812-9797 to arrange for pick-up.
The following are available for immediate sale:
• Bars in a mixed case of 24 (8 milk chocolate, 8 dark chocolate with almonds and 8 chocolate covered peanut brittle) selling for $2.00 each;
• Small boxes of peanut brittle selling for $6.00 each; and
• Box of 30 lollipops in chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch and café latte selling for $1.00 each.
On Wednesday, October 29, the Legal Studies programs at Manor College will host the 2014 Fall Social Justice Symposium, where issues such as Legal Access to Justice, Justice for Children, Service to the Community and Bullying, among others, will be addressed. Click here for more information.
Scheduled for 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm on October 29 at the Spirituality Center on the grounds of the Sisters of Saint Basil the Great at 710 Fox Chase Road, Jenkintown, the symposium will feature Diane Pevar, J.D., chair of the Business, Technology and Legal Studies Division and director of the Legal Studies programs speaking about Legal Access to Justice and Marti Little, staff attorney at the Support Center for Child Advocates speaking about Providing Justice for Children.
Please RSVP to:
Mary L. Sims, Esquire
700 Fox Chase Road
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Click here to view October’s newsletter.
Noreen Messmer, Pa.C.P., MCPA Board Member, is the recipient of the 2014 Scholarship awarded by the National Federation of Paralegal Associations for its Paralegal CORE Competency Exam™ (PCCE™). Congratulations Noreen! See the following link for more information about the PCCE Exam: http://www.paralegals.org/default.asp?page=18
- Our past President, Annette Long, wrote “Paralegals: Regulation vs. Certification” appearing on page 30;
- MCPA’s donation to the Legal Aid Golf Classic is acknowledged on page 23; and
- MCPA’s donation to the Montgomery Bar Foundation is acknowledged on page 36.
Kaplan Leaman & Wolfe, professional court reporting, deposition, and litigation support experts providing unprecedented state-of-the-art high-quality and cost-effective services from any location across the globe, including deposition transcription services, legal video services, court reporting services, electronic discovery and more! Click the logo below to find out more…